Welcome to the Hamilton
The Hamilton is your local family friendly bar and tennis club – with something on offer for everyone!
All tennis players are welcome, from complete novices to seasoned players – you can play competitively, or to get together with friends. If you don’t fancy trying out our tennis facilities then pop along to our bar to watch live football, play pool, or just relax and unwind over a bite to eat.
We are open every day of the week, all year round. There is ample free parking on site and the clubhouse has disabled and wheelchair access. You can call in anytime for a drink or meal, you don’t have to be a member, although there are advantages to joining. The whole family is welcome, including pets. We also have a defibrillator for public use.
We have a great reputation for putting on social events from cabarets to family fun days. You can also book our venue for your special event or party. Check out all the information on our Social page.
The Social Side
- Fully licensed bar with vast range of beers, wines and a gin menu
- Extensive bar meals and snacks menu
- Big screen TV with BT Sport
- Comfortable air-conditioned lounge bar
- Family and function room
- Darts, pool and table tennis, including league matches
- Social events all year round and annual family fun day and bbq
- Everyone welcome – all ages and abilities
- Three savannah and three hard courts
- Club room overlooking the courts
- Tennis coaching available
- Floodlights for all year play
- Weekly club nights and drop in sessions
The Hamilton has been a familiar feature of Melton for almost 100 years. It was first established as Hamilton Lawn Tennis Club in 1923 and has grown over the years to become the tennis and social club that it is today. The original Membership Book included a list of Honorary Members headed by the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Gloucester.
To find out more about the history of the Club click here.